After a long period of hibernation, the bookworm in me is now awaken. Ready, excited and very thirsty to try new books. Last week I was inside this bookstore and I can't believe I have this crazy craving to buy a book (it's like every book's just screaming "buy me!"). I just have this dire need to buy one so that when I'm utterly bored, I can just grab that book, sit in a corner and read. I made it a point to include "read more books" in my New Year's Resolution (not that I make one :P).
I'm used to just reading e-books, you know. For one, it's more economical 'coz I got them for free (clue: torrent) and I'm just not the type of person who re-reads what I've already read (Harry Potter's an exception, though). Plus, I can do this at work and everyone will just think I'm working 'coz I'm just staring intently on my laptop. I could just Alt+Tab when my boss gets near and my tracks are covered.
I'm quite amazed when Derek mentioned he wanted to buy Percy Jackson books. I mean, we've already read it (again, thank you torrents!), what's the point in buying it? Don't get me wrong.. I really do enjoy reading, I'm just not into reading it over and over again. I do buy a few books like.. say... Harry Potter! I consider my Harry Potter books as my collections. But a lot of the books I also enjoyed, I either borrow from someone else, or just read as e-book (i.e. Sophie Kinsella books, etc.). For the record, I think Kinsella books are pretty hilarious and every girl can relate to Kinsella's characters. And even if I don't own any Kinsella books (except for "Remember Me" c/o Derek and "Twenties Girl" c/o my girls), they are my favorite! I can't wait for her next one! (Maybe in the far future, I can buy Kinsella books as part of my collection :P)
Anyways, I think as I'm getting older, errr... rather, more mature... I should not mind spending a few bucks for books. So here's my list (I do hope I actually get the will to actually buy them):
Dear John - Nicholas Sparks
Seems like a cry-fest. Dramatic love story. Nicholas Sparks, enough said. Movie's out but I wanna read it first before watching it. Reading is 10x way better (I remember crying a bucket over Time Traveler's Wife).
Artemis Fowl series - Eoin Colfer
I actually started reading this 1st year College but I never got to finish it. This was actually Cel's suggestion when she knew I was into Harry Potter; she thought I'd like this.
The Alchemyst series - Michael Scott
Saw this in the bookstore and was amazed with the plot. I was able to download an ebook but I figured it will be better if I read the book instead.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid series - Jeff Kinney
Ultimate laughtrip! I've read a few chapters while I was in Fully Booked and it got me laughing non-stop! Dave recommended this and just as he said, this one's an ultimate stress-reliever. Plot's very simple and it's a must-read if you just wanna have a good laugh.
The Name of This Book is secret - Pseudonymous Bosch
Pretty intriguing. Saw this one as one of the books recommended by Amazon (When you're searching for a book, there's a section there that says "Readers who bought this book also liked....blah blah" or something like that). Haven't read even an excerpt of it so can't say much.
Flipped - Wendelin Van Draanen
Joann bought this. It must be good. Plot's the typical "I love you and You love me but not at the same time" scenario.
Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin
An officemate (and Amazon) actually recommended this. Must be good. This has a sequel "Something Blue". Talks about two best friends falling for the same guy kinda thing. This seems interesting. I have an ebook so maybe I'm just gonna read the ebook then... (ok there I go again, Focus, April, Focus! Book=Yes, Ebook=No...)
...better keep this up otherwise the bookworm will go to sleep again and it might take a longer time to awaken it...
No comments:
Post a Comment