2010/04/06

Broken Pen

I have this pen and have been using it for quite a while now. It has been doing great and has been serving its purpose when it met its great big fall. After the fall, the once great pen now turned unreliable. It is now inconsistent. One second it's working, the next it's not. Although I'm quite sure it still has ink left and has more to give, fact is, it's still broken.

If only it didn't fell. It should have been working perfectly and nothing should have changed. It would have fulfilled it's entire purpose, drain out all the ink it can give, and then retire with full conviction. I should have been a satisfied consumer; the pen should have been worth every penny. But no, all it took is one big fall.

Do I stick with it, hoping that it wouldn't fail me in emergencies? No. Although I'm sure it still has more to give, I cannot give my full trust to it. It's broken... and until I got it fixed, I will not be trusting it will still serve me the way it did before.

Next time you fall, make sure that it's not the one to break you and cause your master to throw you and replace with a new and better one. :)

No comments: