2009/09/28

The Calm After the Storm

Last weekend was a tragedy. I have never experienced something like that in my 22 (soon to be 23, hehe) years of being in this planet.

Saturday: it was raining pretty hard. Constant downpour, especially during lunchtime. There were few water leaks in our place that I have to shutdown my PC and stop whatever I'm doing to help out clean our place. I told my dad not to report for work because of the weather. I'm thankful he listened to my advice or else he would have been stranded who-knows-where.

Due to these leaks, for some reason, there was a problem with our electricity. I even heard some disturbing noise coming from one of the outlets. I immediately called my dad to turn the circuit breaker off. Seems like water was dripping on the outlet and it caused a spark. After a couple of hours, when my dad tried to turn on the breaker, the lights were just crazy! Blinking like mad! That's when we decided... No electricity for us for the night! We shut it down and opt to wait till the morning for the electrician.

Sunday morning: thankfully the weather was a bit calmer. Our electricity was fixed (yey!) and I get to harvest what remains of my poor crops in Farmville. I woke up with just two messages from my best gals.. (Cha and Dvyn) asking if we were ok.. Thank you girls, I love you both and I'm thankful we are all safe.

We were lucky enough dahil ndi inabot ng baha ung place namin... But not everyone was fortunate like us. We still can't contact a few of our relatives in Marikina. Last we heard from them was that they were staying in their rooftops. Based on what I've seen on TV, I just pray that they are all safe.

My prayers go out to all affected by this tropical depression. It's also a wakeup call to local government, regarding the state of our dams, of our roads, and drainages.

It hasn't been a good weekend, but it makes me look forward to better days this weekend. :)

Let's all pray for our fellow Filipinos.

No comments: