2009/09/22

Strolling in Memory Lane

Yesterday, I was able to watch Maskman in Youtube. Yep, Maskman. I can't believe I can still sing to the Tagalog version of the theme (both opening and ending! hehe!). It was nostalgic. I got to watch a few eps and still can't believe how I used to love those kinds of show. I loved Maskman more than Shaider. I can't explain why though.. I used to just watch Shaider because it was aired right after Maskman... but that's just about it.

My friends and I loved Maskman and back then, we used to play as if we were the team. I get to play Pink Mask (no surprise there!). My dad even bought us walkie talkies we can play with. I remember in Maskman, they communicate via their watches.. pretty cool! Hehe..

I admit I skipped through a lot of repetitive scenes while watching in Youtube. I can't believe I actually used to adore those scenes when I was little. I think my friends and I memorized the hand gestures they used to make when they "meditate". It was actually fun watching it again after all these years. It made me understand why kids watch Pokemon and how they can deal with all the stuffs happening EVERY EPISODE (haha!).

After a while (and while waiting for Emmy's), Animax entertained me with none other than Ghostfighter! Another childhood fave. It was a part where Vincent's back story was narrated. Vincent's character in Ghostfighter was the one I find most interesting. His story was full of angst at the beginning and it showed his transition when he met his sister. A lot of my friends would go for Dennis, but I find Vincent's character more mysterious, and more interesting. It was cool how he can be so heartless when fighting but melts when his sister is involved. It showed me that even bad persons, have a heart.

And after such stroll in memory lane, it's about time to get to the present and watch Emmy's. Let me just mention how stunning Leighton Meester looked... she was like a goddess standing next to Blake Lively (wearing something that didn't cover her boob much, not that it's unusual for her anyway)... although she seemed a bit tense and stiff presenting the award.. I still love her! Ok, I'm getting too off topic now..

Let me end this with a quote I got while surfing the net.

There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again.  ~Elizabeth Lawrence

2 comments:

derekcarlos said...

I used to love Shaider and Ultraman. the best talaga sila. Nanonood din ako ng Power Rangers! hehehe..

Unica Hija said...

oo nga... sobrang idol mo c Ultraman! At first nagustuhan ko power rangers, pero nagsawa na rin ako.. kc parang naging complicated na ung story.. first american spin-off yan ng ganung type of show.. nag-originate tlga yan sa mga japanese.. bioman ata nauna, i think? kaya lng i was too young nung pinalabas ung bioman.. saka english un so ndi ko cia maappreciate..

Red 1! Green 2! Blue 3! Yellow 4! Pink 5!