2009/09/29

Thoughts to Ponder

If you have been very active online despite the recent tragedy our country has experienced, you might have heard of the "famous" Jacque Bermejo. I have no plans of elaborating what she did 'coz there's a pretty bunch of blogs/facebook posts/tweets (or whatever you call it, I don't have twitter account, sorry) explaining the entire story.

Whether it's true that her account is hacked or not, I don't know. I don't care either. I just hate it that whoever the mastermind with this big ordeal, did a heck of a job stirring the entire online Filipino community. I find it interesting that people are talking about her.. just because she said something bad? Yeah, what she did didn't help at all. But will your words help? Will bashing her give food to the hungry victims of the flood? Will cursing her and saying mean things to her give hope and comfort to those who lost their loved ones?

Influencing other people to be angry at someone else, do you think it's the right thing to do?

I don't wanna say that I am not affected by her words (I'd be a hypocrite if I do), but face it... evil or not, nobody deserves the comments/hate mails she got. If you so much as post something evil about her, don't you think you're like her as well (saying bad things about others)?

I am not one to really preach these stuffs... as I am no saint and speaking rudely is my habit. But believe me... when words are spoken, it's so hard to take them back. I have hurt many people with the words I say. That is why I am sharing this thought. Words said in anger; they are always nasty...

I pray for the entire country. From this incident, many were lost. But hopefully, more will be gained.

“By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill

2 comments:

derekcarlos said...

agree. hayaan na lang natin yung mga ganyang klaseng tao. sa sobrang inis kasi ng iba hindi na nila naiiisip ang mga sinasabi nila. hehe...

Unica Hija said...

oo nga eh.. mas inuuna pa pansinin yun kesa tumulong na lng..