Lloydie again made me cry. I didn't expect to cry in such a local movie (after all, my mom just forced me to accompany her in watching this, I only agreed because it was John Lloyd). I mean, it was the usual gay storyline. Mom gets disappointed as her son turned out gay. Mom can't accept son's boyfriend. But somehow, the story did touch me... and I was able to relate (I'm not gay though, hehe..).
Enough of that. I won't blog about the movie, rather, I will blog something I happen to experience after watching the film. So, my mom and I were outside the movie house.. just sitting and waiting for my dad. Then I heard a li'l boy asking his mom.. "Mama, naiihi ako".. No biggie. Call of nature is, after all, normal. But then her mom said, "Ay magtigil ka nga jan! Wag kang magulo jan!" I was really shocked. I looked at my mom and saw her expression same as mine. Then we slowly turned our heads to eavesdrop more. I saw the li'l boy twirling his body left and right, as if expecting that by doing so, he can control nature's call. The mother seemed to be texting and waiting for someone. Naawa talaga ako dun sa bata... He was even chanting, "CR... CR... CR..." and continued twirling. What's disturbing is that his mother, shut him up with a "Wag ka sabing malikot eh!" with matching evil eyes and a grip on the boy's arms.
I wanted to scream! I mean, c'mon, the boy obviously wants to go to the washroom! Is that too big a deal? Is that the boy's fault? Some mothers really has the wrong priorities.
Which brings me back to some experience my dad and I experienced. We were on a bus ride to Manila (from Laguna). There was this kid in front of us... who felt a bit sick. Yep, she vomited. Poor kiddo. The thing is, her mother even poked her head and gave her a scolding.. "Anu ka bang bata ka? Nakakahiya ka! Sinabi nang wag kang susuka eh!" And the girl can only bow her head in shame. The mother kept apologizing to the people around them and kept scolding the li'l girl. Good thing there was no person on the area where the girl vomited. Poor kid really. I saw her and namumutla siya. She must have been feeling sick during the bus ride (thankfully it was not an airconditioned bus or the smell must have been hell). I was actually getting irritated with the smell, until my heart melted with the sight of the little girl, feeling shameful and close to tears. And before I could say a thing, my dad offered her a candy and said it would help ease her dizziness.
I was disappointed with her mom. I'm pretty sure the little girl didn't wish for that to happen, who would really? I just thought she'd care about her daughter's welfare first..before her embarrassment.. so sad..
No comments:
Post a Comment